Assam Public Service Commission
Online Application : - Start Date From : 16.01.2021
End Date : 17.02.2021
Last Date for submission of fees : 19.02.2021
Assam Public Service Commission invites application from Indian Citizens as defined in Articles 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the under-mentioned posts under Assam Government in the scale of pay as indicated below and carrying usual allowances as admissible under Rules of the Govt. of Assam.
Name of the Posts : - Inspector of Statistics in the Directorate of Economics & Statistics under Transformation and Development Department.
No. of Posts : - 45 (Forty Five
Scale of Pay : - Pay scale + Grade Pay + Other allowances as admissible to the Assam State Government employees from time to time (per month).Pay scale Grade Pay Pay band Rs. 22,000/-to 97,000/- Rs.9,700/- P.B. -3
Eligibility Criteria :-
(i) The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
(ii) The candidate must upload valid PRC issued in Assam for educational purpose as a proof of residency while applying online.
The candidate must upload valid registration certificate of Employment Exchange in the State of Assam while applying online.
Educational Qualification :
At least second class Master Degree in Economics, Statistics or Mathematics from a recognized University or its equivalent.
Applicants must upload the certificate of the Master Degree as proof of educational qualification claimed in the online form.
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in this advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for this post.
Candidates must fulfill the essential qualifications by the closing date. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
Age : The candidates should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as on 01-01-2021. The upper age limit is relaxable as per Govt. Notification No. ABP. 6/2016/9 dated Dispur the 25th April 2018
(i) By 5 years for SC/ST(P)/ST(H) candidates of Assam i.e. upto 43 years.
(ii) By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates of Assam i.e. upto 41 years.
(iii) For persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) by 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and General Category of candidates i.e. upto 48 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015.
(iv) The upper age limit in respect of candidates who have been serving in the lower posts or cadre in the service and in the Assam Economic and Statistical I (Junior) Service for a minimum period of 5 years on the date of application shall be 40 years on 01/01/2021.
The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card issued by a recognized Central/State Board/Council which is to be uploaded while filling up the online application. No other document shall be accepted.
NOTE-I: The candidates applying for the Post should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for recruitment to the Post.
If on verification at any time before or after the Interview, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the Post will be cancelled by the Commission.
APPLICATION FEES :
Under the Digital India initiative by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, APSC
has decided to launch its Online Recruitment portal with the help of CSC-SPV, a MeitY approved organization, which will charge a processing fee of Rs. 30.00/- + 18% tax = Rs.35.40/- from each candidate.
Sl. Category Application fee Processing Fee Taxable amount Total Amount
No (Rs) Charged by on processing (Rs)
CSC-SPV (Rs) fee (@18%)
1. General/EWS 250 30 5.40 285.40
2. SC/ST/OBC/MOBC 150 30 5.40 185.40
3. BPL Nil 30 5.40 35.40
4. PWBD Nil 30 5.40 35.40
a) Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
b) BPL Candidates must upload BPL certificate for claiming application fee relaxation.
c) Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
EWS : EWS candidates must upload Income & Assets certificate of the family issued by the officer not below the rank of Circle Officer as per provision of Para 5 of Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/4, dated 10-04-2019. Kindly, refer to the Govt. OM No.ABP.07/2019/ 16 dated 31-12-2019. Candidates may download the specimen copy of EWS Certificate on www.apsc.nic.in under “Forms & Downloads”.
Candidates claiming reservation in SC, ST or OBC category, they must upload certificate in support of his/her claim from competent authority of the State of Assam. The certificate must be obtained within the closing date of online application and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
PERSONS WITH BENCHMARK DISABILITY (PWBD)
Physically Handicapped (PH) Persons or Persons with disabilities, as indicated against various item(s) in the VACANCY DETAILS, can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them but has been identified as Suitable.
However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such post by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not
less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations as permissible under the rules. Thus, Physically Handicapped (PH) persons can avail benefit of:
i) Reservation and other Concessions & Relaxations as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the posts are reserved for PH candidates.
ii) Other Concessions & Relaxations as permissible under the rules only when degree of physical disability is 40% or more and the posts are suitable for PH candidates.
Candidates claiming reservation in PWBD category, they must upload certificate in support of his/her claim from competent authority while filling the online application form. The certificate must be obtained within the closing date of online application and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
Candidates suffering LOCO-MOTOR with writing extremity will be allowed the help of a scribe, if required. The scribe should not possess educational qualifications higher than the requisite qualification for the post. The facility of scribe will be provided to such candidates on production of a certificate at the time of Written Examination to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write examination on behalf, from the Chief Medical Officer/ Civil Surgeon/
Medical Superintendent of a Government Health Care institution as per proforma at Annexure – I. The candidates have
discretion of opting for his/her own scribe or request the Commission for the same and suitable provisions in Online Application
have been made in this regard. The details of scribe in case candidates are bringing their own scribe, will have to submit an
undertaking (Format provided in Annexure-II) to the Commission through the Commission’s mail Id (email@example.com) or
By hand/Post within 7 days from the date of issue of admit card for the Written Examination.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applicants are required to apply online through APSC’s recruitment website. No other means/ mode of application will be accepted and the Application will be summarily rejected.
2. Applicants who have not registered yet, in Online Recruitment Portal of APSC are first required to go to the APSC’s recruitment website https://apscrecruitment.in and register themselves by clicking on ‘Register Here’ link.
3. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO REGISTER WITH VALID AND ACTIVE E-MAIL ADDRESS IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION, AS ALL CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE MADE THROUGH E-MAIL BY THE COMMISSION. INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AND REQUIREMENTS WITH REGARD TO COPIES OF CERTIFCATES TO BE SUBMITTED IN RESPECT OF CLAIMS MADE IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION ,WILL BE INTIMATED TO THE CANDIDATES THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION IN DUE COURSE OF TIME.
4. After creating an account, applicants need to login with the credentials.
5. After login, applicant will be able to see the live advertisements of APSC in ‘Apply Section’.
6. The applicants are advised to read the eligibility criteria and other relevant details carefully before applying for the advertisement. Mandatory fields in the online form are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
7. Applicant can click on ‘Apply’ to fill up the application form.
8. Candidates must submit the details of documents like Certificate No., Issue date, Issuing authority and upload the documents certificates (whenever asked for) in support of the claims made by them in the Application Form like, Date of Birth, Experience, Qualification(s) etc. or any other information, in pdf/jpeg file in such a way that the file size does not exceed 200 KB and is legible when a printout taken. For that purpose, the applicant may scan the documents/certificates in 200 dpi grey scale.
9. Document details submitted in the online application form will be verified at the time of Personal Viva-Voce Interview.
10. An applicant is required to upload the scanned images of his/her recent photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
a. Size of the photograph (passport size) (Max size–200 KB)
b. Size of the signature (Max size–200 KB)
11. Applicant should carefully fill all the information as asked in the application form and click on the declarations checkbox to
enable the ‘Preview’ button before final submission.
12. Applicants must ensure all relevant fields in the application are filled in correctly before final submission, since editing/
cancellation after final submission will not be allowed.
13. After previewing the details filled in by the applicant he/she can either click ‘Submit’ for final submission or click ‘Cancel’ button
for necessary corrections before final submission of the Application Form.
14. On completion of form submission applicant has to pay application fee along with processing fee as applicable.
15. Application fee once paid by the applicant will not be refunded.
16. In case of failure of the payment applicant should click on button ‘Validate Payment’ to verify the payment from bank. In instances of double debit i.e. amount debited twice for the same transaction, the bank will automatically refund the fee to the applicant within 5-7 working days.
17. On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id.
18. Applicant’s application will not be considered if fee is not paid for that application.
19. Applicant may also fill their online form through Common Service Centers. Applicants without debit card/Internet banking may visit nearest CSCs.
20. Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which is applicable to Persons with benchmark disability candidates.
21. The applicants are advised to submit only single Online Recruitment Application for the post; however, if somehow, if he/she submits multiple Online Recruitment Applications for the post, then he/she must ensure that Online Recruitment Application with the higher "Application Number" is complete in all respects including fee. The applicants, who submit multiple Online
Recruitment Applications, should note that only the Online Recruitment Application with higher "Application Number" shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one "Application Number" shall not be adjusted against any other "Application Number".
22. After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and retain the hardcopy of the Online Application Form.
23. The candidates are advised to submit the Online Recruitment Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date.
24. For any payment related issues, one can reach the following helpdesk numbers – GRAS Helpline (Telephonic) : 1800-212-11-88-66 (From 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all working days) GRAS Helpdesk- https://assamegras.gov.in/helpdesk/
1. Click ‘Submit a ticket’ ➞ Click ‘Payment Related’
2. Fill-in your payment related details. Click ‘Submit ticket’
Bank - For any bank related issue we suggest applicants to contact their respective bank branches.
25. For any other issues related to online application form you can contact the following-
Contact No: 1800-572-23-43 (From 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days)
POINTS TO NOTE:
1. The candidates before applying for the post(s)/service(s) should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions. Their admission at all the stages of selection in which they are admitted by the Commission will be purely provisional and under scrutiny, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time or any stage before or after the Preliminary Examination/Screening Examination or/and Main/Written Examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the post(s)/service(s) will be cancelled by the Commission.
2. It is for the candidates themselves to see whether they satisfy the prescribed physical requirement (physical standard) and whether he/she is eligible to apply where Examination of physical standard is conducted by the State Govt. before making any appointment.
3. No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he/she has submitted his/her application will be entertained under any circumstances.
4. At any stage of the selection process no candidate shall be allowed to change his/her category (of caste etc)/subcategory/sub-categories as claimed by him/her in the original application form/online application form submitted to the Commission.
5. The candidates who furnish wrong, erroneous or incorrect information in their application form may be disqualified from appearing for any post before the Commission up to a period to be specified by the Commission.
6. In case of detection of any false declaration / statement made by any applicant, his/her application will be rejected and will also be penalized as per prevailing Rules/Law. If in any case, submission of false material facts with a view to hoodwinking the Commission is detected even after the recommendation is made, the Commission may refer the matter to Government for taking necessary action.
7. The candidates shall have to produce identity proof like Pan Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Current ID card issued by the educational institutions, Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card (wherever applicable) at the time of Screening/Written test and Viva- Voice/ Interview.
8. The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the closing date for submitting the Online Recruitment Application on the website http://www.apscrecruitment.in. unless specifically mentioned in the recruitment advertisement.
9. In respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produceorder/letter in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Online Recruitment Application is liable to be rejected.
10. Candidates must, if required, attend a personal interview at such place, as may be fixed by the Commission. The Commission does not defray the traveling or other expenses of candidates summoned for interview.
11. Candidates must be in sound bodily health. They must, if selected be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as Government may require.
12. Candidates will be informed of the final result in due course through APSC website/News paper and any interim enquiries about the result are therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. The Commission do not enter into correspondence with the candidates about reasons for their non selection for interview/appointment.
13. Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
Download Advertisement : Click Here
💖 I this post i have made a post APSC Recruitment 2021 - Apply For 45 nos Inspector of Statistics in the Directorate of Economics & Statistics under Transformation and Development Department. I hope you have liked it and Please do share with your friends and follow our blog for more
if you have any questions please feel free to ask in comments section