The capital of Assam is Dispur.
Dispur is a sub-urban neighbourhood in Guwahati, the state capital of Assam since 1973. Dispur is the seat of power of the Government of Assam and houses the Assam Secretariat, the Assam Legislative Assembly, and the State Emergency Operations Centre.
Guwahati is the biggest city of Assam and also the largest metropolis in northeastern India. It is situated on the south bank of the Brahmaputra River and is a major riverine port city along with hills. It is also called the **Gateway to North East India** and the City of Temples because of its many ancient Hindu temples such as the Kamakhya Temple, Ugratara Temple, Basistha Temple, Umananda Temple, etc.
Guwahati was the capital of the Hindu kingdom of Kamarupa (under the name of Pragjyotishpura) about 400 CE. The ancient cities of Pragjyotishpura and Durjaya (North Guwahati) were the capitals of the ancient state of Kamarupa¹. Guwahati is also a cultural, educational and commercial hub of the region and has many institutions of higher education, research centres, museums, theatres, etc.
Guwahati has a warm and humid subtropical climate with heavy rainfall during the monsoon season. The average annual temperature is 23.8 °C (74.8 °F) and the average annual precipitation is 2,054 millimetres (80.9 in). Guwahati has a population of 957,352 according to the 2011 census and has a high literacy rate of 91.47% . The official language of Guwahati is Assamese.
(1) Guwahati - Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guwahati.
(2) Guwahati Tourism (2023): Best of Guwahati, India - Tripadvisor. https://www.tripadvisor.in/Tourism-g503692-Guwahati_Kamrup_Metropolitan_District_Assam-Vacations.html.
(3) Guwahati | India | Britannica. https://www.britannica.com/place/Guwahati.
(4) Capital of Assam Name. https://www.adda247.com/school/capital-of-assam/.
(5) Dispur - Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispur.
💖 I this post i have made a post What is the Capital of Assam? . I hope you have liked it and Please do share with your friends and follow our blog for more
if you have any questions please feel free to ask in comments section